Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Treating Depression and other Depression topics.
Besides prescription medications and therapy sessions, are there any other options for an adult suffering from depression? Sometimes the treatment is correct but the environment is wrong.
Some options for adults suffering from depression who want to change their environment while being treated are:
• Community mental health centers or CMHC
• Hospital psychiatry departments and outpatient clinics
• State hospital outpatient clinics
• Private clinics and facilities
• Family service or social agencies
• Local medical or psychiatric organizations
Sometimes there are also self-help programs which can change the attitude of the suffering depressed adult.