Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Different forms of Depression and other Depression topics.
Treating Social Anxiety Disorder can be a challenge as it affects numerous parts of the brain. Besides the feelings of anxiety, depression is also incorporated into the disorder as well as the treatment options.
Some treatment options for sufferers of Social Anxiety Disorder are:
• Understanding how the brain works to treat the infected areas
• Antidepressants or SSRI's (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors); Fluxetine, sertraline, fluvoxamine, paroxetine
• Tricyclics – Treating sufferers with anxiety and depression; Clomipramine
• MAOI's or Monoamine oxidase inhibitors; Phenelzine
• Anti-Anxiety Medications; Benzodiazepines
Psychotherapy or Talk Therapy
• Cognitive behavioral therapy
• Behavior modification